Wednesday 30 June 2010

Sweetest Sweet Peas







It wouldn't be summer for me without some sweet peas growing in my garden, and a little bunch to be picked each day and enjoyed where I'm working. Every year I buy a few plants and look forward to the first flowers. They only like one particular spot in the garden, so that's where I put the bamboo sticks wigwam every year and love the moment when the first sweet scented delicate petals open. And sometimes I even give a little bunch away - tied with string or with a cone of paper and bit of ribbon - my favourite kind of bouquet.

1 comment:

PamKittyMorning said...

Oh I can practically smell them from here. I used to make little bouquets too, I had found some perfect doily style papers made for bouquets and they were so adorable. I don't know why I stopped doing that.. I can see they're so lovely!